We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
remote work possible
This position is responsible for procurement transactions of client-owned and funded IT assets for projects and programs in North America and Europe. The incumbent has good working knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and its integration with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Jacobs is seeking an IT Buyer with industry knowledge of software and hardware suppliers and IT contracts management experience. Qualified individuals will have demonstrated experience in the IT procurement domain with a focus on contract document reviews and contracting redlines and evaluation of terms and conditions.
- The role resides within our Global Business Services organization and reports to the Procurement Manager – with functional reporting to the Global Supply Management -Category Manager
- Is responsible for procurement and sourcing activities in line with the needs of individual projects as well as various internal teams
- Reviews and negotiates international supplier contracts, with focus on the US and Europe
- Manages the “procure to pay” process – requesting quotations, negotiation and administration of both Purchase Orders and Change Orders (with resulting modifications)
- Develops and administrates commercial relationships with key selected providers
- Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determines the most appropriate remedial actions, and implements such actions through available means
- Performs sourcing, contract management and procurement activities within the Ariba Spend Management Suite and Oracle Purchasing system
- Maintains all commercial agreements (Master Agreements and individual Purchase Orders) in standard electronic files
- Uses superior interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with other buyers, stakeholders, and functional partners at all levels of the organization
- Coordinates with the appropriate Supply Management team, IT Indirect Procurement Team, Global Partner Management as well as Project Managers on utilized suppliers and contract terms used.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- High school or bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Law or Economics
- Experience within Information Technology hardware, software and cloud spend categories
- Knowledge, understanding and able to explain key IT procurement concepts such as:
- Different types of software licenses
- Difference between a software license and a software subscription
- Use rights as part of a software license or subscription
- The distinction between personal property and intellectual property
- Purchase Order terms: Bill To, Sell To, Ship To, End User, and Use Location
- How users are defined in a software subscription
- Essential elements of an IT Procurement File
- Experience and understanding of software license agreements
- Knowledge of Procurement, Supply Chain Management and Strategic Sourcing process and methodology
- Some experience in understanding, negotiating and, where needed, drafting commercial supplier contract for an international context
- English fluency, both spoken and written
- Excellent communications skills, bot verbal and written
- Available to work late shifts. The shifts will be 12 pm – 8 pm local Krakow time, working days Monday to Friday.
- Experience with US commercial contract law is an asset, likewise any experience with commercial contract law from other countries
- Working knowledge of enterprise procurement systems (Oracle, Ariba) would be an asset.
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Remote work also after the Pandemic is over (with the possibility to work in the office if preferred)
- Benefits package (e.g. private medical care, life insurance, Multisport card, car park sharing system, bicycle parking, fruits)
- Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations initiatives like Women’s Networks, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport activities)